The Oregon Club was born as "The Briasco Inn" in 1922, founded by Giuseppe Briasco. At first glance, the Briasco Inn was a popular local rooming house that served just spaghetti and steaks to the neighborhood, but the Inn also functioned as a speakeasy. When prohibition ended in 1933, the Briascos renamed their restaurant "The Oregon Club" and made it members-only in order to continue offering their guests the privacy they enjoyed.
Giuseppe turned over the business to his son John and wife Rena in the 50's. Word continued to spread about the odd little farmhouse with such great food, and eventually the once private club was opened to the public. John and Rena retired in 1994 and handed over their much loved restaurant to a new generation.
Chef Chris Scanlon and Judy MacLeod, owners of the Oregon Club since 2009, met at the Oregon Club many years ago. Both were enamored by the history and the potential in this funky little spot. When the opportunity came to take over, they jumped at the chance and have not looked back since. We strive to maintain the tradition of great food in a relaxed atmosphere. The Briascos got it right, and we hope to make them proud!
Menu. jbmac events, llc. All rights reserved.The The Legend Continues
Website designed and maintained by Samantha Donalds